Pinnacle Solutions, Inc. is seeking a highly experienced Senior SAS Business Intelligence Analyst (Healthcare) as an addition to our elite SAS Consulting Team for one of our Clients - a large Medical Provider, located in New York City (Midtown), NY for a 6-Month Contract-to-Hire, Full-time, all On-site.
NOTE! Candidate - please specify a desired HOURLY rate in application questions.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE! The Client intends for the Candidate to become their employee after the 6-month contract if Candidate and the Client are happy. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU CAN LEGALLY ACCEPT THIS CONTRACT-TO-HIRE MODEL and are local, can commute comfortably or will relocate.
The ideal Candidate has experience analyzing healthcare payments and revenue cycling management and can hit the ground running when hired.
- Model and analyze proposed changes to hospital contract arrangements for purposes of contract negotiation support.
- Develop and maintain program evaluation/financial budget reconciliations of Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and other value-based payment arrangements.
- Develop and maintain advanced methodology related to primary care attribution and reimbursement of medical, hospital, and pharmacy services.
- Participate in the evaluation of hospital and physician performance, employing industry-standard reimbursement and risk-adjustment methods (Medicare Severity-Diagnosis Related Group (MSDRG), Enhanced Ambulatory Patient Grouping (EAPG) System, Resource-Based Relative Value Scale (RBRVS), Diagnostic Cost Group (DxCG), etc.).
- Produce various other analyses and reports that aid in the business and strategic decision making of Benefit & Pension Funds.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Must meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality.
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in analytical role within healthcare environment (payer, provider, pharma, etc.), or (1-3 years’ experience with Master’s) in analysis of hospital reimbursement arrangement.
- Proficient with software used for data mining, statistical analysis, and data visualization: SAS (required), (R, SPSS, Qlik, Tableau, etc.) and Microsoft Excel required.
- Knowledge of major components of the healthcare delivery system with solid understanding of healthcare reimbursement methodology, terminology, and typical coding conventions, health claims systems, provider credentialing and contracting, hospital contract negotiation, Affordable Care Act (PPACA), Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) Program, and other relevant State and Federal health policy; Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and other value-based payment arrangements.
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail is a must, with ability to manage competing priorities against strict deadlines, working both independently and as part of a team.
- Superb communication skills both verbal and written.
- SAS Base Coding
- Office Analytics
- SAS Macros
- SAS Visual Analytics (a plus)
- SAS Enterprise Guide (a plus)
- Financial background (a plus)
Bachelor’s Degree in Quantitative Discipline, Mathematics, Economics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, or equivalent years of experience required. Master’s Degree preferred.
LOCATION(S): New York City (Midtown), NY
WORK TYPE: 6-Month Contract-to-Hire
WORK MODEL: Full-time, M-F, all On-site
Pinnacle Solutions is a trusted SAS Alliance & Resell Partner, Amazon Web Services Partner, and creator of The Backpack Solution, an all-in-one, unprecedented, and must-have specialized toolkit solving all our client’s data demands. To attract the most sought-after, elite SAS technology professionals, we specialize in flexible career models with above-market compensation. Our specialists serve as a member of our internal development team, or they may provide on-site consulting expertise for our key Client positions. Join our talented and elite SAS Consulting Team now by applying to this job posting or contact us via email at email@example.com and learn more about us at www.thepinnaclesolutions.com.