Pinnacle Solutions, Inc. is seeking a highly experienced SAS Junior Data Scientist as an addition to our elite SAS Consulting Team for one of our Clients - a large Utilities Company, located in Columbus, OH for a 6-Month Contract-to-Hire, Full-time, all On-site, Start Date in May 2018.
NOTE! Candidate - please specify a desired HOURLY rate in application questions.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE! The Client intends for the Candidate to become their employee after the 6-month contract if Candidate and the Client are happy. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU CAN LEGALLY ACCEPT THIS MODEL and are local, can commute comfortably or will relocate.
DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
The consultant will perform data mining and statistical analysis to analyze and interpret customer behaviors, energy utilization and trends. Apply statistics and business analytics skills to conduct studies and develop advanced analytical tools to aid in solving high-value business problems.
The ideal consultant MUST be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders to identify value opportunities with company data. Develop predictive and prescriptive systems to optimize operations and support strategic initiatives, using cutting-edge information technology and data science methods. Design and deliver clear messages using the best visualization methods to support management decision making.
The consultant will use BASE SAS, SAS/STAT and Enterprise Guide to develop the analytical processes. The consultant must have excellent communication skills and must be able to communicate about the techniques developed and results of analysis both to team members and other analysts in the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS – ESSENTIAL
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ prior experience in predictive modeling, statistical analytics, and data mining preferred.
- 1-3 years of Utilities Experience is preferred.
- Experience deriving SAS analytics and content with SAS 9.4 including:
- Apply and demonstrate expertise with efficient DATA step, SQL programming and SAS Macro programming.
- Experience developing reports and content with SAS 9.4 Enterprise products including:
- Utilizing Enterprise Guide and its functionality to create project flows which could include aspects of data access, manipulation, summarization, and report generation to a variety of output formats and channels, etc.
- Be proficient in Base SAS programming (DATA step), SQL programming (i.e., use of SQL pass-through or PROC SQL), as well as the SAS Macro language for use in making code more efficient.
- Experience in statistical modeling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, cluster analysis, forecasting with programming experience with SAS.
- Prepare data mining data sets for modeling.
- Develop SAS programs to access data from various sources (e.g., reading in data sources and producing datasets suitable for SAS analytics); this will most often include data preparation, analysis and predictive model development.
- Ability to write SAS/SQL statements to store, retrieve, manipulate, integrate, validate, and summarize data.
- Good written and spoken communications skills in English and thought-leadership skills.
- Develop moderately complex analytical tools to solve high-value business problems - working on moderately complex projects.
- Proficiently utilize analytical tools and data management skills to provide actionable business intelligence.
- Acquire business knowledge across the organization and utilize knowledge to devise meaningful analyses.
- Identify and acquire data pertinent to solving a business problem.
- Develop components of predictive and prescriptive systems to optimize operations and support strategic initiatives.
- Apply data visualization tools to large datasets to enhance data understanding.
- Perform research to keep abreast of industry practices.
- Consult with business unit partners to identify, prioritize, and develop actionable, insight providing analyses across a variety of core business areas.
- Utilize inquiry skills to obtain a clear understanding of business processes and needs.
- Work with stakeholders to determine value that additional information derived from proper analyses could provide.
- Collaborate with Information Technology partners to develop data acquisition and data management practices.
- Provide meaningful, concise reporting of analytic results.
- Develop concise meaningful written reports and provide oral presentation of information.
- Develop reporting dashboards that meet business needs for status, trends, and variances.
- Collaborate with IT and business units to operationalize meaningful reports and dashboards.
- A minimum Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics or a related quantitative discipline.
LOCATION(S): Columbus, OH
WORK TYPE: 6-Month Contract-to-Hire
WORK MODEL: Full-time, M-F, 40 hours per week, all On-site
Pinnacle Solutions is a trusted SAS Alliance & Resell Partner, Amazon Web Services Partner, and creator of The Backpack Solution, an all-in-one, unprecedented, and must-have specialized toolkit solving all our client’s data demands. To attract the most sought-after, elite SAS technology professionals, we specialize in flexible career models with above-market compensation. Our specialists serve as a member of our internal development team, or they may provide on-site consulting expertise for our key Client positions. Join our talented and elite SAS Consulting Team now by applying to this job posting or contact us via email at email@example.com and learn more about us at www.thepinnaclesolutions.com.