Pinnacle Solutions, Inc. is seeking a highly experienced SAS Business Analytics Manager - Forecaster as an addition to our elite SAS Consulting Team for one of our Clients – a Restaurant Chain, located in Chicago, IL for a 5-Month Contract-to-Hire, Full-time, all On-site. Start Date is mid-March.
NOTE! Candidate - please specify a desired HOURLY rate in application questions.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE! The Client intends for the Candidate to become their employee after the 6-month contract if Candidate and the Client are happy. Please do not apply unless you accept this model and are local, can commute comfortably or will relocate.
DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal consultant will perform data mining, predictive modeling, statistical analysis and forecasting to analyze and interpret customer behaviors, product performance, and trends. The consultant MUST have SAS Enterprise Miner experience and Forecast Server experience.
The client is looking for a Manager, Business Analytics/Forecaster to join their team with the main focus of designing sophisticated methods of forecasting and analyzing restaurant top-line sales and initiative performance. The Candidate will play a critical role in improving our team’s planning and forecasting model. They should be able to convey complicated forecasting analyses in simple terms. The candidate should be agile with data analytics and visualizations to provide intuitive, compelling insights to enable decision making.
The consultant MUST have excellent communication skills and must be able to communicate about the techniques developed and results of analysis both to executives and other analysts in the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS – ESSENTIAL
- Minimum of 6 years’ prior experience in predictive modeling, forecasting, analytics, and data mining preferred.
- SAS Enterprise Miner and SAS Forecast Server experience is a MUST.
- Strong proficiency with data mining/visualization tools as SAS, including SAS Enterprise Miner, Enterprise Guide, Base SAS, Forecast Server, SAS/STAT and SAS/ETS.
- Experience designing and implementing new forecasting methodology and tools.
- Proficiency in econometric modeling and advanced forecasting methods (marketing analytics a plus).
- Ability to independently own and drive model development, balancing demands and deadlines, able to balance competing and changing priorities.
- Significant experience in R, Python, or SAS. Familiarity with SAS Visual Analytics or Tableau and other data visualization software highly preferred; Experience in artificial intelligence and machine learning a plus.
- Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions.
- Ability to articulate complex analyses in a simplified manner.
- Expertise in statistical modeling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, forecasting, cluster analysis, principal components, and feature creation, validation coupled with programming experience with SAS.
- Prepare data mining data sets for modeling.
- Develop an understanding of the client’s data environment and how that applies to developing predictive models; that is, analyze and determine what data is available and necessary to create desired data mining model(s), to include reviewing available data sources an
- Develop SAS programs to access data from various sources (e.g., reading in data sources and producing datasets suitable for SAS analytics); this will most often include data preparation, analysis, and predictive model development.
- Interpret statistical model results into business insights and presents findings to management.
- Provide on-going tracking and monitoring of the performance of decision systems and statistical models.
- Ability to write SAS/SQL statements to store, retrieve, manipulate, integrate, validate, and summarize data.
- Good written and spoken communications skills in English and thought-leadership skills. 3 Responsibilities
- Designing sophisticated statistical methods of analyzing performance, using our Transaction Level Detail and Product Mix databases
- Designing tools to create sales forecasts and “what-if” scenarios to provide strategic guidance and insights during the planning process
- Owning the development and communication of the Plan and Projected forecast
- Incorporating causal factors such as media levels, pricing, macroeconomic indicators, weather, customer experience metrics, seasonality and trading day adjustments into forecasts and analyses to gain a deep understanding of our sales drivers.
- Accounting for and communicating variances of Actuals vs Business Plan vs Projected View for executive reviews.
- Interpreting and evaluating daily, weekly, and monthly analyses of business trends, including Key Performance Indicators to identify accuracy risks and opportunities.
- Partnering with other business insights managers to develop the broader business story.
- Designing, developing and implementing methods and strategies to continually improve analytics processes.
• Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics or a related field.
LOCATION(S): Chicago, IL
WORK TYPE: 5-Month Contract-to-Hire
WORK MODEL: Full-time, M-F, 40 hours per week, all On-site, Start Date is mid-March
Pinnacle Solutions is a trusted SAS Alliance & Resell Partner, Amazon Web Services Partner, and creator of The Backpack Solution, an all-in-one, unprecedented, and must-have specialized toolkit solving all our client’s data demands. To attract the most sought-after, elite SAS technology professionals, we specialize in flexible career models with above-market compensation. Our specialists serve as a member of our internal development team, or they may provide on-site consulting expertise for our key Client positions. Join our talented and elite SAS Consulting Team now by applying to this job posting or contact us via email at email@example.com and learn more about us at www.thepinnaclesolutions.com.