Pinnacle Solutions, Inc. is seeking a highly experienced Senior SAS Advanced Programmer / SAS Administrator as an addition to our elite SAS Consulting Team for one of our Clients - a large Energy Company, located in Springfield, MA for a 5/6-Month Contract-to-Hire, Full-time, all On-site, Start Date – Feb 2018.
NOTE! Candidate - please specify a desired HOURLY rate in application questions.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE! The Client intends for the Candidate to become their employee after the 6-month contract, if Candidate and the Client are happy. Please do not apply unless you accept this model and are local, can commute comfortably or will relocate.
DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate is responsible for optimizing the development of SAS processes/code from different sources of data to an Oracle Enterprise data warehouse. Candidate MUST be an expert SAS developer optimizing SAS Code and administrating the SAS environment with SAS Metadata.
QUALIFICATIONS – ESSENTIAL
• MUST have robust Data Warehousing experience and ETL experience.
• MUST have SAS Administration experience with SAS Metadata.
• MUST have strong Data Modeling experience.
• At least 7 years of progressive experience in designing and developing systems or applications for reporting, data management and analytics using SAS.
• Senior Expert level SAS proficiency in the following:
• Understands SAS best practices, tips & tricks, and innovative in the usage of SAS.
• Experience with proper SAS code testing procedures and has good understanding of when results are correct or need to be revised.
• Good written and spoken communications skills in English and thought-leadership skills.
• Self-starter, works independently as necessary, and with other business and technical people.
• Ability to convey in business/layman terms what SAS code is doing.
• Ability to understand business requirements and validate / ask appropriate follow up questions in order to translate to what is needed for SAS processing.
• Oracle RDBMS experience is a MUST.
• SAS Visual Analytics experience is a plus.
• SAS Migration experience from one Environmentversion to another SAS Environmentversion is a plus.
• Experience using SAS for statistics is a plus.
• Bachelor of Science in computer science or related field.
LOCATION(S): Springfield, MA
WORK TYPE: 5/6-Month Contract-to-Hire
WORK MODEL: Full-time, M-F, 40 hours per week, all On-site, Start Date – Feb 2018
Pinnacle Solutions is a trusted SAS Alliance & Resell Partner, Amazon Web Services Partner, and creator of The Backpack Solution, an all-in-one, unprecedented, and must-have specialized toolkit solving all our client’s data demands. To attract the most sought-after, elite SAS technology professionals, we specialize in flexible career models with above-market compensation. Our specialists serve as a member of our internal development team, or they may provide on-site consulting expertise for our key Client positions. Join our talented and elite SAS Consulting Team now by applying to this job posting or contact us via email at email@example.com and learn more about us at www.thepinnaclesolutions.com.