Pinnacle Solutions, Inc. is seeking a highly experienced Senior SAS Technical Architect as an addition to our elite SAS Consulting Team for one of our Clients - a Financial Services Company located in Charlotte, NC for an 8-Month Contract-to-Hire, Full-time, On-site with possible Remote.
NOTE! Candidate - please specify desired HOURLY rate in application questions.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE! The Client intends for the Candidate to become their employee after the 8-month contract, if Candidate and the Client are happy.
DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Technical Architect, the Consultant will have deep technical knowledge of the SAS Platform and should excel at solving complex customer problems. They will be expected to provide implementation and support for the SAS Compliance and Fraud Solutions and related technologies. In addition, the Consultant will be required to build software tools to increase implementation productivity, support the sales process by creating demos, or provide support to other areas of the organization as needed.
The Ideal Consultant will be expected to quickly come up to speed on new technologies and stay abreast as to recent trends in the compliance and fraud space. Technical Architects are expected to be able to conduct pre-installation planning and architecture, through to installation and platform administration support throughput implementations to deployment to production.
QUALIFICATIONS – ESSENTIAL
The Senior SAS technical architect position requires someone who is dedicated to the following responsibilities:
- Eight years of technical consulting, administration, applications development and/or customer support.
- Five years of experience within the SAS Intelligence Architecture (SAS Platform).
- Travel as business requirements dictate (Approximately 50%).
- Ability to work after hours during the week or on weekends when necessary.
- Experience delivering SAS ECM, SAS AML, SAS Fraud Framework or other SAS vertical solutions.
- Experience within financial services or public sector related to compliance and/or fraud.
- Experience with SAS tools such as Base SAS, SAS Macros and/or stored processes.
- Experience with architecting, installing and supporting the SAS LASR server in a distributed environment.
- Experience with Linux/Unix scripting, process automation.
- Experience with Hardware, Disk and Network impacts to decision support and operational systems optimizations.
- Business Intelligence experience using SAS BI Platform Technologies.
- Data Warehousing experience using SAS DI Technologies.
- Working knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, Db2 or Teradata.
- Experience working in a financial intelligence unit or supporting BSA/AML compliance systems.
- Must have a strong desire to succeed and excel at solving complex problems.
- Excellent written and oral communication, problem solving and time management skills.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILTIES / ACTIVITIES
- Involvement in various phases of the implementation lifecycle including requirements, architecture/design, installation, development, testing and/or training.
- Evaluating customer requirements and compiling design documentation as well as architecting solutions to ensure successful customer implementations.
- Facilitating workshops to gather requirements and assess gaps in requirements or level of detail required to properly scope and plan implementations.
- Assisting in scoping and defining work efforts, resource plans, and estimating cost on phases/projects.
- Preparing and presenting materials for site visits, project work, and training services.
- Implementing prototypes/demos for use in sales situations and site visits.
- Developing and maintaining internal applications, intellectual property and tools.
- Installing compliance solutions at customer sites.
- Supporting teams of developers throughout the implementation cycle.
- Compiling extensive documentation and performing knowledge transfer to customers.
- Creating scripts and supporting the automation of processes related to compliance solutions implementations.
- Supporting the promotion process for implementation builds on a regular basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or other quantitative fields
LOCATION(S): Charlotte, NC
WORK TYPE: 8-Month Contract-to-Hire
WORK MODEL: Full-time, M-F, 40 hours per week, On-site with possible remote
Pinnacle Solutions is a trusted SAS Alliance & Resell Partner, Amazon Web Services Partner, and creator of The Backpack Solution, an all-in-one, unprecedented, and must-have specialized toolkit solving all our client’s data demands. To attract the most sought-after, elite SAS technology professionals, we specialize in flexible career models with above market compensation. Our specialists serve as a member of our internal development team, or they may provide on-site consulting expertise for our key Client positions. Join our talented and elite SAS Consulting Team now by applying to this job posting or contact us via email at: email@example.com and learn more about us at: www.thepinnaclesolutions.com.