Pinnacle Solutions, Inc. is seeking a highly-experienced Senior SAS Advanced Programmer / Migration Specialist as an addition to our elite SAS Consulting Team for one of our Clients - a Management Consulting Company located in Summit, NJ for a 3 month (500 Hours) Contract-to-Hire, Full-time, all On-site beginning in June 2017.
NOTE! Candidate - please specify desired HOURLY rate in application questions.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE! The Client intends for the Candidate to become their employee after the 3-month contract, if Candidate and the Client are happy. Please do not apply unless you accept this model and are local, can commute comfortably or will relocate.
DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a Senior SAS Advanced developer opportunity responsible for migration and re-engineering of SAS processes/code from physical servers and Oracle to AWS and PostgreSQL database. The Consultant MUST BE AN EXPERT SAS developer optimizing SAS Code.
QUALIFICATIONS – ESSENTIAL
- Bachelor of Science in computer science or related field.
- At least 8 years of progressive experience in designing and developing systems or applications for reporting, data management and analytics using SAS.
- Senior Expert level SAS proficiency in the following:
- Base SAS DATA step programming (i.e. Data step programming: use of functions, merges, working with lags, retains, arrays, Proc Means, Proc Transpose, Excel Tagsets, and other Procs for general data manipulation and reporting).
- SAS Macro language for use in making code more efficient and building modular systems (treating macros as subroutines).
- SQL programming (i.e. use of both SQL pass-through and PROC SQL via SAS/Access to one or more databases).
- SAS/Access to Relational Databases to read/write to/from RDBMS.
- Utilizing SAS Enterprise Guide and its functionality to create project flows which could include aspects of data access, manipulation, summarization, and report generation. to a variety of output formats and channels.
- Understands SAS best practices, tips & tricks, and innovative in the usage of SAS.
- Experience migrating SAS programs and data across platforms, following best practices for creating and executing a proper migration plan, and testing and validating the migrated content.
- Experience with proper SAS code testing procedures and has good understanding of when results are correct or need to be revised.
- Good written and spoken communications skills in English and thought-leadership skills.
- Self-starter, works independently as necessary, and with other business and technical people.
- Ability to convey in business/layman terms what SAS code is doing.
- Ability to understand business requirements (financial) and validate / ask appropriate follow up questions in order to translate to what is needed for SAS processing.
- PostgreSQL and Oracle RDBMS experience is a plus.
- Amazon AWS experience is a plus.
- SAS Administration experience is a plus.
- Experience using SAS for statistics is a plus.
- Knowledge with company finance performance databases.
- Previous experience with one or more version control systems is a plus.
- Previous experience with some variant of Unix operating system is a plus.
LOCATION(S): Summit, NJ
WORK TYPE: 3-Month Contract-to-Hire
WORK MODEL: Full-time, M-F, 40 hours per week, all On-site beginning in June 2017
Pinnacle Solutions is a trusted SAS Alliance & Resell Partner, Amazon Web Services Partner, and creator of The Backpack Solution, an all-in-one, unprecedented, and must-have specialized toolkit solving all our client’s data demands. To attract the most sought-after, elite SAS technology professionals, we specialize in flexible career models with above market compensation. Our specialists serve as a member of our internal development team, or they may provide on-site consulting expertise for our key Client positions. Join our talented and elite SAS Consulting Team now by applying to this job posting or contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org and learn more about us at: www.thepinnaclesolutions.com.