Pinnacle Solutions, Inc. is seeking a highly experienced SAS Modeler/Statistician Analyst as an addition to our elite SAS Consulting Team for one of our Clients - a large Media Services Company, located in Jericho, NY for a 3-Month Contract-to-Hire, Full-time, all On-site, Start in June 2017.
NOTE! Candidate - please specify desired HOURLY rate in application questions.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE! The Client intends for the Candidate to become their employee after the 3-month contract, if Candidate and the Client are happy. Please do not apply unless you accept this model and are local, can commute comfortably or will relocate.
DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
The consultant will perform data mining, predictive modeling and statistical analysis to analyze and interpret customer behaviors, product performance and trends. The consultant MUST have SAS Enterprise Miner and SAS Model Manager experience. The consultant will assist in model development using Enterprise Miner, register the models in Model Manager and automate the model scoring process on a schedule basis on a Linux OS.
The consultant will use SAS Enterprise Miner, Model Manager, BASE SAS and Enterprise Guide to develop the analytical processes. The consultant must have excellent communication skills and must be able to communicate about the techniques developed and results of analysis both to executives and other analysts in the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS – ESSENTIAL
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics) or related analytical degree, or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Must have SAS Enterprise Miner and SAS Model Manager experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ prior experience in predictive modeling, analytics, and data mining preferred.
- Must have experience automating (and scheduling) the complete model development process.
- Strong proficiency with relational databases, programming and data mining/visualization tools as SAS, including SAS Enterprise Miner, Enterprise Guide, Base SAS, Model Manager and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Expertise in statistical modeling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, tree models, cluster analysis, principal components, and feature creation, validation coupled with programming experience with SAS.
- Lead or assist with activities related to SAS analytics project discovery, definition, design, development, implementation and follow-on maintenance of the SAS Enterprise Miner analytical environment.
- Work with client users to identify, evaluate, define, document and implement SAS Enterprise Miner analytic requirements based on client needs.
- Prepare data mining data sets for modeling.
- Develop an understanding of the client’s data environment and how that applies to developing predictive models; that is, analyze and determine what data is available and necessary to create desired data mining model(s), to include reviewing available data sources and identifying appropriate variables (existing, or to be created) for the models.
- Use EM for data exploration, to include developing intuition about the data, the data structures, data types, data values, exploration of distributions, summary statistics and/or histograms.
- Develop SAS programs to access data from various sources (e.g., reading in data sources and producing datasets suitable for SAS analytics); this will most often include data preparation, analysis and predictive model development.
- Perform data and statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and data mining using a mix of third-party and internal customer data to identify customer insights and behavioral characteristics.
- Collect and analyze data to identify market trends and potentials, competitive forces, penetration strategies, user biases, profitability analysis, pricing, and preferences of the marketplace.
- Interpret statistical model results into business insights and presents findings to management.
- Provide on-going tracking and monitoring of performance of decision systems and statistical models.
- Ability to write SAS/SQL statements to store, retrieve, manipulate, integrate, validate, and summarize data.
- Good written and spoken communications skills in English and thought-leadership skills.
LOCATION(S): Jericho, NY
WORK TYPE: 3-Month Contract-to-Hire
WORK MODEL: Full-time, M-F, 40 hours per week, all On-site, Start in June 2017.
Pinnacle Solutions is a trusted SAS Alliance & Resell Partner, Amazon Web Services Partner, and creator of The Backpack Solution, an all-in-one, unprecedented, and must-have specialized toolkit solving all our client’s data demands. To attract the most sought-after, elite SAS technology professionals, we specialize in flexible career models with above market compensation. Our specialists serve as a member of our internal development team, or they may provide on-site consulting expertise for our key Client positions. Join our talented and elite SAS Consulting Team now by applying to this job posting or contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org and learn more about us at: www.thepinnaclesolutions.com.