Pinnacle Solutions, Inc. is seeking a highly-experienced Senior SAS Data Integration (with Netezza experience) / Visual Analytics Developer as an addition to our elite SAS Consulting Team for one of our Clients - a large Healthcare Company, located in San Diego, CA for a 5-Month Contract-to-Hire, Full-time, all On-site with Start Date in May 2017.
NOTE! Candidate - please specify desired HOURLY rate in application questions.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE! The Client intends for the Candidate to become their employee after the 5-month contract, if Candidate and the Client are happy. Please do not apply unless you accept this model and are local or will relocate.
DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Client needs a SAS Advanced Programmer / Data Integration / Enterprise Guide / Visual Analytics Developer who will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of the their SAS Analytics Platform in their Center Of Excellence (COE). This position works closely with business users, Database architects, and Analytics Engineers to create design standards, operating procedures and best practices for creating SAS projects and programs and accessing client’s Data Warehouse and third party data.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience. 12+ years’ related experience with SAS software development. Business Intelligence experience and healthcare or PBM experience a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS – ESSENTIAL
- Experience deriving SAS analytics with SAS Metadata driven content with SAS 9.4.2.
- Apply and demonstrate expertise with efficient DATA step, SQL programming and SAS Macro programming. Be proficient in Base SAS programming (DATA step), SQL programming (i.e., use of SQL pass-through or PROC SQL), as well as the SAS Macro language for use in making code more efficient.
- In-depth Data Warehousing implementation experience and experience developing technical solutions with SAS Data Integration in an Enterprise Data Warehouse environment.
- Data Modeling, Data Architecting and ETL architecting expertise is required.
- Integrating and managing the data mappings from the client’s data sources (Netezza and Oracle) to the Enterprise Data Warehouse using SAS Data Integration Solution.
- Designing, developing and implementing the DI Studio job flows to load the data into Netezza.
- Experience optimizing SAS SQL queries to Netezza is a major plus.
- Deriving SAS Metadata content and ability to articulate and communicate the advantages/benefits of SAS Metadata content throughout the organization.
- Experience using SAS Visual Analytics 7.1 or higher, including:
- Loading data in LASR Analytic Server with autoload and experience with Visual Data Builder.
- Experience with VA Explorer and VA Designer.
- Designing and Developing Visualizations, Reports and Dashboards.
- Experience utilizing Enterprise Guide and its functionality to create project flows which could include aspects of data access, manipulation, summarization, and report generation to a variety of output formats and channels, etc.
- Creating and using Stored Processes for the creation of customized content.
- Experience using SAS Enterprise Miner and SAS Model Manager is a major plus.
- Good written and spoken communications skills in English and thought-leadership skills.
- As part of a multi-disciplinary project team (business systems analysts, SAS developers, database administrators, IT Systems, software architects and IT support) the SAS engineer works to analyze and define customer requirements for viable technical solutions.
- Designs and develops reusable software modules that meet customer requirements while upholding high standards of reliability, security, maintainability, and performance.
- Enhances client’s data marts and the enterprise data warehouse by working closely with internal and external teams. Participates in strategic planning to improve the organization’s ability to produce reports and data requirements for end-users.
- Creates ‘Best Practices’ guidelines for creating and maintaining SAS projects/programs; participate in peer reviews for designs, code, and other work products.
- Works closely with the Data Warehouse team to ensure data changes are aligned with business requirements.
- Provides production, development, QA support and performance tuning as needed to meet project deadlines.
- Presents technical information to non-technical business users as to how to optimize and enhance reporting needs.
- Advises management on how products and processes could be improved. Identify and evaluate industry trends in Analytical systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
- Provides technical guidance and training to less experience SAS personnel on using SAS tools. Provides guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on SAS systems, or process-related topics.
LOCATION(S): San Diego, CA
WORK TYPE: 5-Month Contract-to-Hire
WORK MODEL: Full-time, M-F, 40 hours per week, all On-site
Pinnacle Solutions is a trusted SAS Alliance & Resell Partner, Amazon Web Services Partner, and creator of The Backpack Solution, an all-in-one, unprecedented, and must-have specialized toolkit solving all our client’s data demands. To attract the most sought-after, elite SAS technology professionals, we specialize in flexible career models with above market compensation. Our specialists serve as a member of our internal development team, or they may provide on-site consulting expertise for our key Client positions. Join our talented and elite SAS Consulting Team now by applying to this job posting or contact us via email at: email@example.com and learn more about us at: www.thepinnaclesolutions.com.